Monday 9 May 2011

Missing Her So Much...When a Loved One Passes On...

Well havent I been gone for such a long time...I am writing this as a kind of therapy, this year has really knocked me for six and I am struggling to get to grips with things at the minute...

Where to begin...really lost my mojo when my so called friend that I made the 200 wedding invites unfortuately cancelled her wedding at the last minute and also 'forgot' to pay me for the invites that I had so lovingly made...she has since got married and had the cheek to send us an invite that was sadly printed off the computer...did I go to the wedding....NO I certainly did not.

Next family problem was that my 2nd son Jamie underwent an op to remove a pilondial cyst and after many weeks of recovery we now know that it has not worked and he is being re-refered to the hospital...poor Jamie he feels he went through so much for nothing...

None of these things compare to the last bombshell to hit us...my sister Sandra sadly passed away on the 19th April at the tender age of 51...she has not kept good health for a number of years and sadly lost her battle to keep going and her poor body gave up on her...she was suffering from a relatively rare condition called scleroderma...which we have since found out can be, but rarely genetic...I am myself not keeping great health and have made an appointment to see her doctor later today in the hope that it eases my fears that I dont have this horrible condition too...

I am really struggling to get back to 'normal' and have been keeping strong for all around me that I have not yet grieved for her and am hoping that writing this piece in my blog will go some way to help me begin the process...Im going to try and make some cards this week and see if card making will help...

If you come across this while blog hoping thanks you for taking the time to read it...hope you are all well in blogland wherever you are...

My sister Sandra with her granchildren

Sleep well sis...missing you...hugs xxxx

Hugs and happy crafting to all

Jackie xx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie, so sorry to hear you have been having a rough time. I am sure you miss your sister very much and its so sad to lose someone so young. Hopefully with time the hurt will lessen, they say time is a healer and I's sure its true. Perhaps your cardmaking will help you back on track.

Take care,
Hugs, Barbara xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Jackie
Sorry to hear about your sister and you are having such a rough time,i know you will miss your sister and in time things will get easier,maybe if you make some cards it might help with this,hope everything goes ok with you son too,you take care
Love and Hugs
Dianne xx :)

Marlene said...

Wow - sounds like you've had a really rough time lately. I'm so sorry...on all accounts. Sorry you lost your sister....I am sure that was a devastating blow....and as for your "so called friend"...well, that was just plain nasty for her to do. :(

Sharon Caudle said...

Jackie, I'm so sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time. And especially sorry about your sister. I know that no words will help, but time will help lessen the frequency of the hurt. Hang in there and remember that she will live forever in your heart. Take good care of yourself.
hugs, Sharon